- The Leica Q can crop to 35mm (16MP.) Therefore, the only reason for keeping it was when I use the T2 as a travel camera and not to complement the Q.
- If I use the T2 as my travel camera, I will face two possible scenarios. For inside, I have the 10-24 f/4 OIS, the 16mm f/1.4, and the 56mm f/1.2. I do not need the 23mm.
- For outside, I have the 18-135mm - my go to lens for outside. My pictures of the Grand Canyon taken wit the T1 and 18-135. If I need a prime, I have the 27mm f/2.8 (41mm in FF format - my favorite "normal" focal length;) and If I need a faster prime, I have the 35mm f/1.4 (52mm in FF format. ) In other words, 50mm at 24MP. The Leica Q can crop to 50mm but at 8MP. Therefore, I do not need the 23mm.
- Having the 23mm will lead to two situations. I would very seldom use it or I would prevent others lenses from being used. I rather have less lenses and use them to the max.
- One thing though. I'm no longer in a "fire sale" mode. If I get what I'm asking for, then I would sell it; if not, I would be more than happy to keep it. It is also the main reason, I'm keeping the 18mm f/2. I offered the lens for $275 - a bargain - but there were no takers. I cannot discount the lens any further.
PS 1: I changed my mind. I'm keeping both the X-T10 and the FX 23mm f/1.4 R.
PS 2: The bottom line is that I can no longer sell any equipment and the"fire sales" are events of the past. If I buy, I keep. I love the T10 and the 23mm. How can I part with them? The Leica Q is paid for. I still need $500 to cover for the T2. I'll find the money. However, No More Buying! I do not need any more lenses. In addition, first and foremost, I do not need any more cameras. Obviously, I cannot keep up with all my cameras. Otherwise, I would be buying and selling all the time. The decision to sell the T10 and the 23mm was very rational. On the other hand, the decision to keep them was completely irrational.
PS 4: I have decided to sell the Tamron 45mm SP f/1.8 VI VC USD instead, directly to eBay (Sold.) I still have the Nikon 50mm f/1.8G SE, and the Fuji 35mm f/1.4 (52mm in FF format.) I hate having the same or vey similar focal lengths in triplicates.
Post a Comment