Tuesday, March 8, 2016

X-T1 VS X-T10

X-T1 and X-T10
One of the powerful reasons I got the X-T10 is because the controls of the X-T1. I have a very hard time with them. It is not just the locked wheels, which are bad enough.  It is also the other ones that are small and recessed. It is also the reason that led me to sell the DF, a camera I really liked.

X-T10 and X-T1
I'm diabetic and as a consequence I suffer from diabetic neuropathy.  My extremities, especially my hands, are very stiff, twinkling, and in pain all the time.  My hands feel that they are being punctured by thousands of needles.  Nothing I can do about it, besides the "pharmacy" I'm already taking. When you are in pain, you have to learn to live with it. However, it is hard to handle difficult cameras like the T1 and DF.

The controls of the T10 are much easier to operate. There are no locked wheels, the command dials turn much easier, and the buttons are not that recessed and slightly bigger.  The only way to set the ISO is through  Q menu that you can see through the EVF by turning the back command dial.

X-T10 and X-T1
I played with the T10 about an hour, yesterday. The only way to really know it and compare the difference in handling between the T1 and T10 is to work with them. If I see that I do not use the T1 anymore, I might sell it.  However, every time I look at it, I come to the conclusion that I can never sell such a fantastic and gorgeous looking camera. I might keep so I can display it in my living room curio. :) It is undoubtedly the best camera I ever had.  This time I really mean it; it is the camera I want to be buried with. I'm not making the same mistake with the T1 as I did when I sold my beloved D700.  If and only if the T2 is a twin of the T1, then I'll look into it.  However, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

The only reason for even looking at the T2, are the controls and the 2nd card slot.  When I travel, I need the 2nd slot as a back up. I do not want lose 1,000 or more photos because the card went bad.  You never know when you are going to visit the place again. That is why I took the D750 to Washington DC instead of the T1. Why do I struggle with the Fuji cameras? Two reasons: the cameras and the lenses, which are out of this world!

And the winner is...?
David...The little camera that could!

No comments: